Mechan are looking to recruit a new effective and energetic Purchaser to join our busy team in Sheffield.
The Purchaser role will support the Production Manager and be part of the Operations function. The role will be responsible for the processing of purchasing requirements for the business via the SAGE 200 Accounting system and working within the scope of the company BMS.
- Upon receipt of engineering drawings from design, to liaise with the Production Manager for delivery dates etc. Send out enquiries to suppliers and commence sourcing materials.
- Placing purchase orders with suppliers on a timely basis, checking for material shortfalls, routine and extraordinary enquiries.
- Chasing up of back orders from suppliers.
- Checking order acknowledgements received from suppliers, chasing up and checking of test certificates received against the ordered items.
- Ensuring stock levels are maintained, along with physical and system procedures for stock maintenance.
- Maintaining close relationships with suppliers, including negotiating prices & discounts.
- Identifying alternative supply sources that can provide purchasing savings, without compromise on specification, quality and delivery.
- Resolving queries with suppliers in respect to price, specification, quality and delivery and instigating the necessary corrective actions.
- Maintaining supplier records for purchase orders and supplier confirmations.
- Co-ordinating with accounts reference any issues with suppliers for held invoices.
- General administration, including: record keeping and archiving of purchase orders.
- The ideal candidate should have excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Will possess a good level of negotiation skills with high attention to detail.
- This person should have the ability to work under pressure and on their own initiative but also within a small team.
- Experience must have been gained within a similar purchasing position to be successful in this role.
Salary £21,000 p/a
Email your CV's to email@example.com