Under Car Handling
Mechan's engine removal tables are designed specifically to work in conjunction with rail jack lifting systems in depots with flat floors.
The table is positioned adjacent to the engine being removed, so that once the vehicle has been lifted, the table can be power-travelled laterally underneath. It is then raised to engage with the engine raft.
Mechan's powered tables boast twin staggered wheels at both the front and rear, four driving wheels (the outer pair on both sides) and two drive units, which utilise cross-shafts attached to opposite sides of the base frame. This ensures that power is available to wheels on the floor at all times, even when the table is moving over the rail gap.
The tabletop contains adjusting screws that can be operated using air tools, to provide longitudinal and rotational movement for accurate positioning. Although they have a low profile closed height, engine removal tables can lift to two metres.
Mechan's range of undercar handling equipment includes:
- Powered lift table - offering powered lateral travel, the table lifts, tips, rotates and traverses, making it suitable for a selection of modules
- Traction motor removal unit - this rail-mounted table has an adjustable top
- Powered lift table - with dual mode workshop and rail wheels, the table is geared manually for lateral travel, making it suitable for a variety of uses
- Manual hydraulic unit - a wide stable leg arrangement counterbalances the manual hydraulic operation. It is fitted with a pendolino battery box adapter
- Undercar manipulator - slotting into a normal centre pit, this unit maintains a level interface at all times and is available with an assortment of adapters