May 19, 2023
We are on the look out for a project engineer/ manager who is a strong team player to join our highly skilled workforce.
Reporting to the design manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading projects throughout their complete lifecycle, working with customers from order stage, liaising with internal design and production teams and ensuring successful FAT, site installation and SAT whilst maintaining all budgetary, and technical requirements.
You will provide a high level of commercial awareness and ensure projects are delivered on time. Strong communication will ensure projects are completed to a high standard and to customer requirements.
It is essential that the candidate have some design experience and can understand engineering problems, and interpret engineering drawings.
The role necessitates travel (predominantly domestic) to railway depots and construction sites for meetings, installations, and acceptance tests.
• Liaise with design team, production, and other departments to ensure timelines are communicated and met
• Project life cycle from concept to completion
• Establish and maintain lines of communication with the customer, and suppliers
• Be responsible for management of site activities
• Attend internal project handover meetings and customer ‘kick-off’ meetings on site as n necessary
• Preparing relevant documentation (Work Package Plans, RAMs etc) for site installations to ensure successful installation of equipment
• Preparing and maintaining technical files and documentation (certification, O&M manuals etc)
• Managing external electrical/software design companies, reviewing FDS and ensuring compliance with customer specification
• Writing technical specs for suppliers
• Degree/HNC qualified in mechanical discipline or demonstrate through significant experience.
• Strong understanding of engineering within manufacturing.
• Experience managing projects. Managing site activities/equipment installation preferable.
• Excellent organisation and communication skills.
• Excellent literacy and computer literacy (Excel, Projects, Word etc)
• Experience of fabrication design
• Experience of lifting equipment
• Experience within the railway industry
• Knowledge of AutoCAD and Solidworks (required to create some layout drawings)
Does the above sound like you or someone you know? Get in touch today by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org